After having been a breeder for only a short while (since 2011), I have received my fair share of queries for maine coons from prospective owners. Some were serious cat lovers, some just want to add to their breeding programme, some wants to buy for their father, mother, daughter, son, niece, grandparents, grand children and so on and so forth. Some were nice, some were sarcastic and some were downright rude. So to avoid any misunderstanding, I wrote this page so that you, the potential “adopters” of Lagenda kittens, would know what to expect from me and would know what I need from you.
So please read the following basic rules first :
- The Lagenda kittens will be offered for sale when they reach 16 weeks or older.
- Lagenda kittens will be re-homed after they have completed their vaccination and have been altered (neutered or spayed). Intact kittens will only be offered on case to case basis and only to Show houses.
- Our kittens will leave us when they are 20 weeks old or later and will come with their own health record, pet passport, be micro-chipped and also the CFA certificate.
- The Lagenda kittens are to be kept indoors only and should only be allowed to go outdoors accompanied by the owner.
- We encourage you to show the kittens/cats at CFA licensed shows or equivalent at least once before retiring.
- The kittens/cats are considered on hold upon receipt of a 50% non-refundable deposit and after we are satisfied with your capability in taking care of the kittens/cats.
- Should for any reason whatsoever we find that the kitten is not fit to be placed with you, we have the right to either refund the deposit or provide a replacement.
- We do not permit our kittens to be declawed.
- If you cannot keep your Lagenda kittens/cats for any reason, we will assist in re-homing the babies as we do not want any Lagenda kittens/cats to end up being dumped or needlessly euthanised.
If you are still interested in taking care of a Lagenda cat/kitten, please email the following information to either firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com including your choice of colour and sex of cat:
- Your full name & mobile contact number
- Where do you work and what are your working hours?
Do you travel outside town regularly ie outstation locally or abroad? Who will look after the cat when you are away?
How many people are in your household?
Are you married? Do you have any children and how old are they?
How do you plan to keep the cat? In a room or cage or free to roam inside or outside? Please note that our cats are indoor cats.
Do you have a vet near your house?
Do you have any other pets staying with you? How many?
Do you have a website or facebook page? Can you provide the link?
Do you plan to show your cat?
- Preferred choice of colour of cat
- Preferred sex of cat
The above questionnaire would enable us to gauge whether you have the time to take care of the kittens/cats as it is a full time job, just like taking care of children.
Please remember that the Lagenda cats are all treated like family so we will scrutinize all potential “adopters”.
We will not respond to anonymous emails.
Please take time to read about the CFA Maine Coon Breed standard here.